The faculty in KRSS recently adopted the following Student Learner Outcomes (SLO) for the respective graduate degree programs. We will use these desired outcomes for a general assessment of our programs. The SLOs are subject to change based on future priorities. Feel free to discuss these SLOs with your faculty and advisors.
Program Student Learner Outcomes:
According to the Student Learner Outcomes (SLO) for the master’s program and the Recreation & Sport Management major, students will:
- apply sport management and therapeutic recreation principles in professional settings,
- demonstrate an understanding of the foundational knowledge and skills needed in the sport management and therapeutic recreation profession, and
- be able to conduct research and understand its importance in the decision-making process.
According to the Student Learner Outcomes (SLO) for the master’s program and the Kinesiology major, students will demonstrate:
- an understanding of key disciplinary knowledge and
- the capability to communicate information effectively using disciplinary-appropriate mechanisms.
According to the Student Learner Outcomes (SLO) for the PhD program and the Kinesiology and Sport Studies major, students will demonstrate:
- the ability to conduct and disseminate research,
- mastery of discipline-specific knowledge, and
- teaching proficiency.