Admission to Candidacy forms must be submitted to the Graduate School by August 8 for Fall 2014 graduation.
The Graduate Application must be submitted by August 8. This is done through your myutk account.
The department deadline for processing the Admission to Candidacy is July 25. Do not wait to do this. This form requires the signatures of your major professor (your advisor) and your committee members, as well as the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Fill out the form correctly and collect these signatures well before the department deadline.
- Have your major professor sign first, followed by the committee members.
- You may submit the form to the Director of Graduate Studies (Lars Dzikus) by the department deadline.
- Submit the form by dropping it off at the KRSS front desk. Ask the receptionist to place it in the folder called “Admission to Candidacy Incoming.”
- Ms. Bicknell will inform you when and where to pick up the form.
- It will be your responsibility to pick up the form and take it to the Graduate School on time.
- If you have any questions, first consult the KRSS Graduate Student Handbook (http://web.utk.edu/~sals/grad/documents/KRSSGraduateHandbook2013-2014.pdf). If you still have questions, ask your advisor and/or Dr. Dzikus.
You can find all necessary forms here: http://gradschool.utk.edu/gradforms.shtml
You can watch a 9-minute video tutorial that will help you with filling out the Admission to Candidacy here: