The deadlines have passed for candidates planning to graduate in spring 2016. For students in thesis or dissertation programs, there is a second deadline that could allow them to graduate in summer 2016 without registering for thesis or dissertation credit in summer 2016. Here’s how this works, for those who are unfamiliar with the process:
1. The candidate should get the Second Deadline Application form from the Graduate School website
2. After filling it out, they must ensure that it has been received by the Graduate School before 5:00 p.m. on April 29th.
3. The candidate must defend their thesis or dissertation by April 29th, as well.
4. All other procedures for graduation must be successfully completed before the final submission of their thesis or dissertation.
5. Before 5:00pm on May 19th, the candidate must have their thesis accepted. Both the pass/fail form and the thesis/dissertation approval form must be delivered to the Graduate School by this time.