The deadline for the ONSF Scholarships and Fellowships Campus Pre-Application has been extended to Monday, May 15. If you plan to apply in 2017—or are at least considering applying—for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, UK & Ireland Scholarships (Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Gates Cambridge), or Schwarzman Scholars in China, you must first complete ONSF’s brief online pre-application found here: http://onsf.utk.edu/preapplication/ The UT Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships uses this application not to make selections/nominations, but rather as a starting point to help students develop sound applications. If you have any questions about these fellowships, the processes for applying, and so forth, please e-mail Andrew Seidler (email@example.com), Director of ONSF.
If you will attend the Graduate Hooding Ceremony tonight, please be reminded that Thompson-Boling has a “clear bag” policy in effect for this event, but we want to keep getting the word out. For details you can go to our Security at the Ceremony pages, and we would appreciate your help in letting people in your department know about this policy to avoid unpleasantness at the entry checkpoints. Also, since there are other commencement ceremonies happening today, it would be prudent to plan for extra time to arrive (6:00 p.m. for participants), as traffic may be heavy. As for parking, the Directions and Parking page has information about where to park.
The Office of Graduate Admissions is seeking to fill a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) position that will begin June 1, 2017. It is a 12-month position, which may be renewed, based on performance and available funding of the stipend, tuition waiver, and health insurance. The GRA is expected to create and analyze data reports, assist front desk personnel, and support the Assistant Dean and Director of Graduate Admissions in various tasks to include conducting research associated with graduate admissions and enrollment. GRA applicants should expect to frequently interact with prospective domestic and international students, graduate faculty, and staff. This assistantship is a 20-hour-per-week position with the expectation that work will, generally, be performed in the Office of Graduate Admissions during the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Enrollment in at least six graduate credit hours per semester (including summers) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville is required. To express interest in the position, submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to the Office of Graduate Admissions by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The UT Faculty Senate is seeking to fill a Graduate Research Assistantship to support the research, scholarship, and creative activities of the Faculty Senate President as qualified, assist the Faculty Senate President with research efforts related to the Faculty Senate as well as provide administrative assistance to the Faculty Senate. Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent summarizing his or her qualifications, a resume, and a writing sample to Faculty Senate President-Elect Beauvais Lyons (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted through Monday, May 22, 2017 or until the position is filled. Find out more about the position.
We would appreciate it if you could please share this message with recent Ph.D. graduates and graduating students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville as well as encourage students to register and attend the Fulbright Grants for Postdoctoral and Early Career Candidates webinar on Wednesday May, 10 from 2pm to 3pm EDT.
For the purposes of the Fulbright Scholar Program, an applicant is eligible for postdoctoral awards if they will finish all of the requirements for their Ph.D. program by February 1, 2018, or have received their Ph.D. in the last five years (unless otherwise stipulated by an award description). Below is a list of awards open only to early career/postdoctoral candidates, meaning that applicants will be evaluated alongside fellow recent graduates. This list is by no means complete. A list of additional opportunities is available in our Catalog of Awards.
- Australia: Australia offers three Postdoctoral awards, one hosted at Deakin university and one hosted at the University of Newcastle.
- Chile – Fulbright Astronomy and Antarctic Studies Award: This award will fund postdoctoral/early career astronomers and data scientists to research or teach and conduct research at universities or the Chilean Antarctic Institute.
- China Studies Postdoctoral Scholar Award: Early career applicants from any discipline may apply – particularly welcome are experts on global climate change, sustainability, and the environment – with the opportunity to conduct research and collaborate with colleagues.
- France – Fulbright-EHESS Post-Doctoral Award (Junior Research): Located in Paris, this prestigious institution offers an opportunity to conduct research in several disciplines.
- Italy – Fulbright – Schuman Postdoctoral Award at the European University Institute: The grantee will focus on developing professional skills such as teaching, academic writing and publishing and job market presentation within the field of EU studies.
- Israel – Postdoctoral Fellowship: These unique and prestigious grants are open to researchers in all academic disciplines and support programs of work for up to 20 months (two academic years).
- Mexico – Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: Applicants are welcome in all disciplines for this three to 10-month grant; STEM applicants are especially encouraged to consider applying.
- Taiwan – Arts, Education, Humanities, Professional Fields and Social Sciences (Postdoctoral Scholar Award): This award is open to any research subject from Cross-Strait studies to marine sciences. Selected candidates will present lectures, seminars, and workshops.
For eligibility factors, detailed application guidelines and review criteria, please visit our website. Applicants may also wish to join My Fulbright, a resource center for applicants interested in the program. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and the current competition will close on August 1, 2017. Start an application today!
Our staff are happy to answer any questions regarding any of the opportunities listed above or the Fulbright Scholar Program in general. Please contact us with any questions.
We appreciate your assistance in promoting these unique awards!
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
Institute of International Education
The Fulbright Scholar Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is administered by IIE.
The University of Tennessee wants to hear about the future plans of its students, after graduation. The Graduate School and the Center for Career Development would like students to take a moment to complete their graduation outcome profile, whatever their next destination might be. Even if students are still searching for their next destination, the Center for Career for Development would like to hear from them. Completing a graduation outcome profile will not only provide valuable data to the university, but it’s also an opportunity for students to tell about their success.
The UT Post-Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships Campus Pre-Application is live. By May 8th, UT students—undergrads, recent grads, and grad students—interested in applying in 2017 for the Fulbright, UK & Ireland Scholarships(Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Gates Cambridge), Schwarzman, and/or new Knight-Hennessy program must first complete the brief online pre-application found here at ONSF: http://onsf.utk.edu/preapplication/. In order to help students complete the pre-application and learn more about these prestigious awards and the processes for applying, the Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships (ONSF)is hosting an info/help sessions at 5pm today in Greve 330. Full details can be found here: http://onsf.utk.edu/programming-overview/news-events/ In addition, students seeking appointments to discuss their application plans should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. ONSF also welcomes referrals from faculty/staff using the online form or via email.